Tuesday 17 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey Activity 1 Day 1

Hi guys.

We are doing the REAL, SLJ Activities now.
We have been told that for the first day, we had to list 10 food items to take with us a long boat journey. They said that we would not have a fridge or a freezer. we also have to explain why we would have these.

1. Crackers,
I would choose these because you could store them in a drawer and eat them and they wouldn't rot.

2. Nuts,
I would also choose these because like the crackers they can be stored in a draw they also have lots of protein to keep me strong.

3. Carrots,
I would choose these because i could gather some water from the sea and boil it and wait till it cool down and put them in there. Then I could see a bit better so I could concentrate on the sea better when it's dark.

4. Soy Milk,
With Soy Milk you can keep it in the draw and it will be fine. I could also put it in water like the carrots. Sure it will go yuck quicker but it's better then nothing

5. Waffles,
They never said you couldn't have a waffles maker. I would have them for a bit of a sugar boost to keep my energy up. Also for a yummy snack.

6.  Vegetable Fried Rice,
I would choose this because it's a nice dinner to have and I could heat it up in a microwave.

7. Biscuits,
I would choose these to boost my energy and for a snack while I am sailing.

8. Broccoli,
I would choose this because I could keep strong and healthy and store it in water boil in water as well.

9. Water.
Water counts as a food because you can consume it. I would take water because before I gather water from the sea I can use that.

10. Cheese Edam
I would have this because I could keep my protein up and get my bones stronger.

Anyways, Cya later



2 comments:

  1. Hi Ishan great blog post I liked the way you told me why you would take those things. I only found one mistake and that mistake is that you didn't use the right "I" you wrote "i" instead of "I". I also liked the way you told me what you could do with your things and what they could do to you. Maybe next time you could add a little more detail to the bit before you told me what you would take on your 2 week voyage. Blog ya Later Ishan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mōrena Ishaan, I hope you are having a fantastic morning so far!

    Thank you for doing week one, day one, activity one! The food items you’ve listed sound delicious. I like how you’ve explained why you would take these items, instead of just listing them. I would definitely cheese and waffles too - yum!

    Have you ever spent time in a canoe or kayak? Do you think you’d like to do a three-week ocean voyage?

    Next time you make a Summer Learning Journey post, it could be good to add some pictures! This will make your blog more eye-catching, and will bring more people to your blog :)

    I look forward to reading more of your posts over the summer, keep up the awesome mahi!
    Eliza.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.