Wednesday 19 December 2018

Summer learning Journey Week one day two

Hi guys welcome to this blog post. This post is thanks to the the Summer Learning Journey

Activity 1:)

On this activity we had to, tell you whether I  would like to go and visit Tāne Mahuta one day. Tell you why you do (or do not) want to visit this endemic tree.

Yes I would like to visit Tāne Mahuta because, it would be amazing to look up at how high it is. Also because I can have it as a memory.


Activity 2:)

On this activity I had to list three sports teams that have the word ‘fern’ in their title. Beside each team’s name, post a picture of their uniform.

1: Silver ferns, Netball, Girls
Image result for New Zealand women's national netball team uniform

2: Black ferns, Rugby, Girls
Image result for New Zealand women's national rugby team uniform
3: White ferns, Cricket, Girls

Image result for New Zealand women's national cricket team uniform

My favourite is the Black ferns because it says how women can do it as well as men.



Activity 3:)

On this activity we had to figure out how many mililtres it would take to keep a cactus alive for one year. I know it takes 3mls a day to water a cactus.
So, if I multiply 3mls x 365 days which is how many days in a year, then the answer will be 1095ml.



3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Ishaan,

    My name is Rachel and I am working with Megan and Cia on the Summer Learning Journey programme this year. It is great to see that you have already posted activities for Day #1 and Day #2. Like you, I would also love to go and visit Tane Mahuta. It is a very special tree that is between 1250 and 2500 years old. Wow! Now, that is pretty ancient, isn't it?!

    I hope that you get the chance to visit Tane Mahuta one day. I also hope that you get the chance to watch some of our amazing female athletes play. From your post I can see that you have identified three teams that have the fern in their name and included pictures. It's great to see you using images to illustrate your blog posts. Every time that we use an image on our blog, it's really important that we tell our readers where we found it, and give credit to the owner of the picture. To properly credit a picture you will need to include a link to the site where you found the image. We have created a guide that you might find helpful. You can check it out here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/edit

    You will need to follow these instructions to earn full points for any Summer Learning Journey activity that has asked you to post an image. I'll check back soon to see if you have had time to attribute your images.

    In the meantime, I hope that you will have a wonderful holiday season with your family. I'll look forward to coming back soon to check out your blog and, hopefully, read more of your great posts!

    Wishing you a very happy holiday season and new year.

    Warm wishes,

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC JOB ISHAAN, YOU HAVE BEEN SO DETAILED WITH WRITING GOOD LUCK ON THE SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY.(SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stuff Ishaan. I really enjoyed reading the positive messages on the t shirts!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.